when is the next leap year after 2020?
so when is the next leap year after 2020, so here is a quick view on the next leap year in coming years
if you wish to know how to calculate leap year for a particular year then read further
|Year||Leap Year Day|
|2020||Saturday, February 29|
|2024||Thursday, February 29|
|2028||Tuesday, February 29|
steps to find out if a year is a leap year or not
leap year is a year in which there are 29 days in February. while a common year has 365 days a leap year has 366 days
- Divide the number by 4, if the number is divisible by 4 then go to step 2, and if the number is not divisible by 4, then it is not a Leap year.
- Divide the number by 100, if the number is divisible by 100 then go to step 3, and if the number is not divisible by 100, then it is a Leap year.
- Divide the number by 400, if the number is divisible by 400 also then it is a leap year, and if the number is not divisible by 400, then it is not a Leap year.
why leap year occur?
Here’s the explanation
Now we all understand a day, one full day is actually how long it takes for the Earth to spin around exactly once.
and a year is how long it takes for the earth to orbit the sun exactly once.
so while the Earth orbits around the sun for a full year it spins around 365.25 times.
in other words, one full year equals 365.25 days.
this is called the Astronomical year.
but here’s the problem, our calendar year is only 365 days, and that’s because there’s really no way to have 0.25 days.
so those extra 0.25 days just keep accumulating, and what they do is make it so that the stats slowly drift out of sync with our calendar.
so this is where leap years come in to save the day.
Every year we set aside those 0.25 days, until the fourth year when they equal one full day.
And then on that fourth year, we put that extra day on February 29th and we call it Leap Day.
That’s why February 29th exists.
Facts about leap year
- The leap year has been followed by some people since 45 BC, which was more than 2000 years ago.
- A baby has 1 in 1500 chances to be born on a leap day that is February 29th
- The frog is the symbol of February 29th this is because the frogs leap
so if you want to know what is a leap year, how humans found the leap day, and how to calculate leap year you can refer to this article